- Fragrance Direct is a really rather marvellous website.
- It is like finding the hidden bit in your local Boots store where everything is super cheap and exciting. They stock make-up, skincare, bath and of course fragrance. I love to spend hours looking at all the hundreds of item, fill my basket and never actually buy anything. (Especially at the weekend, usually after I have consumed too many fizzy pops the night before) This time however I clicked “buy”. I spent £20 on the following 10 items!! Got to love a bargain!
- Fashionista Custom Design Palette1 6 x 2.5g
- I love a palette, I have my eye on a couple of Urban Decay and Stila ones but at around the £30 mark they aren’t something I can bring myself to just buy. This was £2.99 (RRP £12.99). It has 3 eye shadows, 1 blush and 2 bronzers. It has a huge big mirror and looks really pretty. However I can’t help but feel like something is missing from this. Upon researching “Fashionista” I cannot find anywhere that stocks this brand any more. I suspect the reason it was so cheap is because they are no longer about. There is usually a reason for something like this! I don’t feel like it is really special and have not found myself going to pick it up when I put my make up on, but still sticking to what I usually use. Still for £2.99 I think it was worth a punt.
- It certainly didn’t fill my need to own Stila Eyes are the Windows in Soul…
- I have finally come to terms with the fact that as a freckly red-headed lass I am never going to have a tan. I am very aware of how easily I burn and have been caught out on many occasions and ended up with a face the shade of a lovely ripe tomato.
- I was very interested in this specific lotion from a well known sun cream company designed for your face. The packaging is quite nice, the liquid has a nice swirl in it which is quite attractive. The lid isn’t very secure and I get the feeling that it would probably come off in your bag and all of your handbag would end up covered in sun cream, but as a bass for my make up it works pretty well.
- It smells like sun cream rather than a normal moisturiser, slightly coconutty like Hawaiian Tropic lotion always does. It did initially feel a little greasy but it soon sunk in and felt fine. The smell was a little much for me, on holiday this will be fine but as a day to day thing I am not sure I would want to smell like I am on the beach all the time!
- I will not get this again to be honest, I will probably use it but there are many more products out there that do the same thing and I wasn’t hugely impressed with it.
- Especially as this hit our news http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-32738241
- For those who are down with the kids and the rise of the “YouTuber” you will know who Tanya Burr is. (Yes, I am down with the kids….)
- Tanya Burr is a beauty blogger, make up artist and writer well known for her YouTube videos. Last year she released a line of beauty products and I have wanted to give them a go. Being that she is quite hot property at the moment, they have been raved about in the blogging community so when I spotted them on Fragrance Direct I was excited to get a few and give them a go! I got 3 lipglosses and 4 nail varnishes. £1.50 each (RRP £5.99-£6.99)
- Tanya Burr Lip Gloss 8ml (Mistletoe Kisses, Red)
- Tanya Burr Lip Gloss 8ml (Just Peachy, Natural)
- Tanya Burr Lip Gloss 8ml (Aurora, Pink)
I am not a huge fan of lip gloss. To be honest I struggle with all lip products, to not look like a 3 year old that has got into her mums make-up. However everyone has raved about these so much I wanted to give them a go.
They are nice, they have a very sweet flavour and smell tasty. The package feels nice in your hand, solid and good quality. The applicator is really nice, it doesn’t take on too much product so during application you can put on as little or as much as you like.
I went for 3 different shades, a strong red colour, peachy natural colour, and a gentle pink colour.
I love the Mistletoe kisses, it is lovely, it gives your lips a really gentle lovely flushed look without looking too made up. I think this one will find its way into my regularly used collection.
Just Peachy is really not for me, it is quite opaque, pastel and creamy. It really doesn’t suit my skin tone. I really didn’t like the shade or the way it applied, being quite pastel it either had to be laid on quite thick or smoothed out so it didn’t look like I had any on. One extreme to the other. I really didn’t like this one.
Initially I wasn’t bowled over by Aurora, it is a very similar to the shade of my lips, and I didn’t really see the point. However I have found myself picking it up and using it more and more. As a day to day product its great, doesn’t look too much for work, but adds a nice tint to your lips.
If you like lip gloss then get involved, there are many different shades and definitely one to suit everyone!
- I had to stop myself from buying all of these, I stopped at 4 shades which I thought would give me a good sample across the range.
- I have been after a brown/grey shade so the first into my basket was Penguin Chic, which I really like. I remember first seeing grey and brown shades of nail varnishes and not instantly thinking wow but they have really grown on me. I think they can look quite classy and they are a good shade for all times of year. I really like this, it is listed as grey but I think it is more of a grey brown. 2 coats and it was good to go.
Second into the basket was Little Duck, described as green but I would say more of a blue, perhaps duck egg blue is where the name of the shade came from. This also only needed 2-coats to give a lovely colour. I really liked this, and I think it will be a lovely colour for spring and summer. It is quite playful and fun,
Peaches & Cream is a nice peachy orange shade which again I think is really lovely and will be great for the summer. This also only needed 2-coats.
Mini Marshmallows is a really cute pastel pink shade, this needed at least 3-coats to get to a good level but is super cute and very girlie.
All in all I am really pleased with the nail varnishes, they are all lovely shades and good quality. The lids did crack and creak a little when I opened them and I was a bit worried the plastic would break but it was fine, not quite as good quality as the lip glosses but still good.
Overall pretty pleased with my Fragrance Direct purchases, and really pleased that I finally got to try out some of Tanya Burrs products.